Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Dominick and Justin Skipped School Today!

Ha, well not really skipped school. They had a dentist appoinment scheduled at 11:00a.m. Of course, smack dab in the middle of the day.

They both had great checkups! Dominick sat like a big boy in the chair all by himself and let them clean his teeth.

Now Justin, whew, that was another story. Because of his sensory issues he does not tolerate anything in his mouth besides his milk or baby food. Up until a few months ago, he would not even take baby food unless I used a certain spoon.

Today, I had to lay in the dentist chair and lay Justin down on top of me. I had to take my legs and wrap them around his legs to keep him from thrusting his hips and legs from side to side. I also had to basically put him in a headlock to keep his neck from moving (I know it sounds horrble, but it was not as bad as it sounds) and then use my hands to hold the sides of his chin. Alex was standing up and held onto both of his hands.

As soon as the lady cleaning his teeth started he commenced to screaming at the top of his lungs and fighting. Let me tell you he is one strong kid! Alex and I were both struggling to hold onto him. I could not see his face with the way we were postioned so I assumed (as anyone would with as loud as he was screaming) he was totally upset with huge crocodile tears. Well that was not the case at all. He did not have one single tear in his eye. As soon as she stopped he stopped all of his commotion like the snap of a finger. Ha, just goes to show you how smart he really is, lol.

Neither one of them had cavities nor did they have any other problems!

Oh I forgot to mention that when the actual dentist examined Justin he was a lot calmer. She is very soft spoken and was soothing him and she said something to the effect of that he just liked her better. I told her probably so because she looked and sounds just like his Grandmother Gin! You know how they say everyone has a twin, well Granmother Gin's is in Mobile, AL!

1 comment:

  1. PRECIOUS, PRECIOUS, BOY. HUGS FROM MAINE. http://sophie4me.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete